Violence and Abuse can happen to anybody. Domestic Abuse happens when one person hurts or bullies another person who…
- Is their partner (boyfriend/ girlfriend or wife/husband)
- Was their partner
- Is in the same family (including step-families)
- It can happen when people live together or when people live in different houses.
- Usually (but not always) it is the male who hurts the female.
- Domestic abuse can happen in grown up or teenage relationships.
- Domestic abuse can happen in families and it can happen to one member of the family or several members of family.
- Children and young people can be affected by the abuse that they see and hear. They can also be hurt or bullied as part of the domestic abuse.